Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Classic interface for word 2007

Things were added and changed over the years. There are commands that were
just kind of tossed in wherever. Especially "Tools". Aren't they all tools?
And some of the menus had submenus that had submenus. They did what they
could to try to make commands easier to access.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:38:00 -0500 from JoAnn Paules
:
about the new ribbon interface.
Since it's not going to change, the time to start learning is now. (And
this
comes from someone who screamed bloody murder about it at first. I
understand why the changes were necessary

Out of curiosity, why were the changes necessary?

I haven't tried Word 2007, but I've tried Excel 2007 at work and I
hate the new interface. I'll eventually get used to it, of course,
but I'm curious why you characterize it as "necessary".

http://OakRoadSystems.com/