Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Default Source Data in Excel Format

I figured it out...there was a document on the online help that basically
told me to reformat the merge code by pressing alt f9 and adding to the
source code \# "###.##" to keep it from displaying 105.010000000000001 (for
example). But if anyone finds another way, please chime in, I'll be watching
out for it.

"Phyllis" wrote:

In Word 2003, my source document has numbers, in excel I used the format I
want, but when bringing in the excel spreadsheet to Word mail merge its
adding a million zero's to field that only orginally went 2 places beyond the
decimal. How do I get the merge doc. to only show 2 places past the decimal?