Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Default Source Data in Excel Format

Phyllis & DHinton,
Try adding a switch to the Mergefield:

{ MERGEFIELD Value /# "0.00;(0.00)"}

More information on switches for MS Word can be found at::

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"DHinton" wrote in message
I have this same problem using Word 2002 and Excel 2002--Any ideas on how to
fix or please include the article you are referring to.

"Phyllis" wrote:

In Word 2003, my source document has numbers, in excel I used the format I
want, but when bringing in the excel spreadsheet to Word mail merge its
adding a million zero's to field that only orginally went 2 places beyond
the
decimal. How do I get the merge doc. to only show 2 places past the
decimal?