Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How can I apply conditional formating to a Word mergefield?

One way to do simple formatting of this kind is to use an IF field to
insert the mergefield with one format or another, e.g. insert

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD myfield }" = "A" "{ MERGEFIELD myfield }" "{
MERGEFIELD myfield }" }

then colour the second { MERGEFIELD myfield } (the one immediately after
the "A") yellow.

All the {} need to be the special field code braces that you can insert
using ctrl-F9.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/11/2009 00:19, BruceAus wrote:
I would like to able to change the text colour in a mergefield based on the
returned value. For example, if the returned value is "A" I would like to
change the text colour to Yellow. Is this possible