Moez Moez is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2007 and SharePoint 2010

I am using Word 2007 in a SharePoint 2010 environment. When I have a single word document open from a SharePoint site, I can close it save it and don't have any issues. However, when I have 2 documents open at the same time from a Sharepoint site, I get an error "File is in use by another application or user" when I close it and once I clear that message, I get the message that the normal.dotm template has been updated and if I want to save the changes.

The error does not occur if I open one file from a SharePoint site and the other from a Microsoft Windows server or a local drive simultaneously - just when they are both from SharePoint sites.

Thank you in advance for your help.