Steven Teslic Steven Teslic is offline
Junior Member

Hi Peter. This is essentially what I am having trouble with as well. I will have several seperate columns that will equal 1 or 0 depending on where a bottle needs to be shipped. Essentially, I will be wanting column F to appear highlighted in a specific colour based on columns I through L having a 1 or 0 entered in them. So I follwed the coding below e.g. If myfieldF =1 mergefield myfieldI blah blah. Which appeared to work. However, it did not work when I simple entered a space, and started the pattern over for the 5 other remaining colours I would need to designate statements for.

Is there anything special I need to do to string all of the commands together? or just enter a space and try repeating this pattern 5 more times?

Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jamieson View Post
One way to do simple formatting of this kind is to use an IF field to
insert the mergefield with one format or another, e.g. insert

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD myfield }" = "A" "{ MERGEFIELD myfield }" "{
MERGEFIELD myfield }" }

then colour the second { MERGEFIELD myfield } (the one immediately after
the "A") yellow.

All the {} need to be the special field code braces that you can insert
using ctrl-F9.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/11/2009 00:19, BruceAus wrote:
I would like to able to change the text colour in a mergefield based on the
returned value. For example, if the returned value is "A" I would like to
change the text colour to Yellow. Is this possible