WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I merge columns without merging rows?

Yes, there is an easier way to merge columns without merging rows in a Word table. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the cells you want to merge in the first row of the table.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Merge Cells" from the context menu.
  3. The selected cells will now be merged into one cell. Type in the text you want to appear in the merged cell.
  4. Press the "Tab" key to move to the next cell in the same row.
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each row in the table.

By merging cells in each row individually, you can keep the information in each row separate from the rows below. This method also allows you to merge cells in different columns without affecting the other columns in the table.