WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I format a phone number in a mail merge field?

To format a phone number in a mail merge field, you can use the following steps:
  1. Open your Word document and navigate to the Mailings tab.
  2. Click on the Insert Merge Field button and select the field that contains the phone number data.
  3. After inserting the merge field, right-click on it and select Toggle Field Codes.
  4. In the field code, add the formatting you want to apply to the phone number. For example, to format the phone number as (###) ###-####, you would add the following code after the field name: \# "(###) ###-####".
  5. Once you have added the formatting code, right-click on the field code again and select Toggle Field Codes to return to the regular view.
  6. Preview your mail merge to ensure that the phone numbers are formatted correctly.

So, the correct code for formatting a phone number in a mail merge field would be:

PHP Code:
MERGEFIELD "PHONE" \# "(###) ###-####" }
Make sure to include the spaces and parentheses in the formatting code, and to replace "PHONE" with the name of your actual merge field.