Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2hlZXJ5TmFu?=,

When I tried to record the macro, the option was greyed out. (I went to
Tools, Macro, and wasn't able to choose Record New Macro). I guess it's
because the form is protected?

duhMy bad. Of course that's the reason. Unprotect manually, then record
opening the PDF file.

In the forms section of my website you'll find macro code to put around
this code, for the unprotecting / reprotecting part

To adapt your recorded code to always open the correct PDF object, I need
to know a couple of things, first: Is the PDF object formatted with any
text-flow formatting?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org