WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Typing a repeating decimal in Word - needs overstrike

To type a repeating decimal mark in Word, follow these steps:
  1. Type the decimal number that you want to add the repeating decimal mark to.
  2. Place the cursor after the decimal point.
  3. Press the "Insert" tab on the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" group.
  5. Select "More Symbols" from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Combining Diacritical Marks" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  7. Scroll down until you find the "Combining Overline" character (U+0305).
  8. Click on the "Insert" button to add the overline to your document.
  9. The overline will appear above the character immediately preceding it. In this case, it should appear above the decimal point.
  10. Type the repeating decimal digits after the overline.

That's it! Your repeating decimal should now be properly formatted with the overline above the decimal point.