Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmFu?=,

I can't get the spelling and grammer menu to appear--it is "grey" under the
section: Tools and Options--I get it "on." None of my documents are being
checked for spelling.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand exactly what you're seeing.

1. Which version of Word are we discussing?

2. You say Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar is deactivated? If that's the
case, perhaps the proofing tools weren't installed? You should be able to go
over Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to change the current
installation. You'll need the original Office CD. You'll find the proofing
tools down in one of the last two sections. Make sure they're set to "run from
my computer".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org