Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Locking pics to the text

I would suggest that the image has gone to the point at where its anchor is,
which is where the cursor was when orginally imported/pasted. I forgot to
mention that this could happen before sending the previous response.
Unfortuantely this will happen to all your images. It is still best to
change the setting to In Line with Text, then move the "new" image to its
appropriate place.
If you have many images, the Select Browse Object button (bottom right of
Word window) can be set to search for graphics, then click the arrows above
and below this button for jump through your document quickly.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Ramesh" wrote:

Thanks Dean for your response.

I did try the In line with text option. Then the pic disappears, i only get
a frame outlne and that too moved to another location.

Why does that happen?

Hope you could help with this too.

Thanks
Ramesh
\
"DeanH" wrote in message
Which Word version are you using?
For 2003 and prior the following can help, this may differ for 2007.
Change the setting for the image to "In Line with Text", this can be found
by select image, mouse right click, Format Picture, Layout.
To ensure that all future images have this setting as default, Tools,
Options, Edit, Insert/Paste Pictures as: choose "In Line with Text" option
(this is 2003 only).
The Move with text can be ignored by some of the other layout options, ie
behind/in front/through, etc.
Beware using these options, the Square and Tight options can be used for
images that you want "within" the text and the Move with Text options does
work.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Ramesh" wrote:

Hi,

Am writing a manual which needs pictures to be inserted between the text
lines. The problem i am having is that while i make changes to the text,
the pictures remain in the same place, rather than move along with the
text
around it. I tried using the option Move with text in the Format Picture
screen. Makes no difference. what am i missing out on?

Thanks for any help. This is an urgent work I need to complete today.

Ramesh