Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ramesh Ramesh is offline

Default Locking pics to the text

Thanks Graham, I am using Word2000 and the Pic placeholders is already
unchecked.

Ramesh

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Word up to 2003
Tools options view - uncheck 'Picture placeholders'
Word 2007
Word options Advanced Show document content Uncheck 'Show picture
placeholders'

Ramesh wrote:
Dean, sorry for the miscommunication.

I have not used any frames for the pics. I simply copied them from
another word file and pasted them in here. But when i change the
setting to Inline with Text, the image disappears and I am only left
with a rectangle with blank inside. I only referred to the rectangle
as a frame. How do i get image to show in the rectangle?

Thanks
Ramesh

"DeanH" wrote in message
Are you saying that you have the images within Frame? Sorry I did
not pick this up from your previous texts.
I tend not to use Frames to hold images, it can cause problems with
positioning, as the Image is trying to position it self within the
Frame and
the Frame is trying to position itself in the document. I would cut
the images out of the Frames and place them directly in the text
where you want
them to be. I only use Frames when I want something outside the
working Margins. Pictures in Word can work wonders on there own.
Honest. Best of Luck
DeanH

"Ramesh" wrote:

Thanks again Dean.

Am able to move the frame to the required location. But the frame
still remains empty. How do I get the image back? It goes blank
only when i change to In line with text.

Ramesh

"DeanH" wrote in message
I would suggest that the image has gone to the point at where its
anchor is,
which is where the cursor was when orginally imported/pasted. I
forgot to
mention that this could happen before sending the previous
response. Unfortuantely this will happen to all your images. It is
still best to change the setting to In Line with Text, then move
the "new" image to its
appropriate place.
If you have many images, the Select Browse Object button (bottom
right of
Word window) can be set to search for graphics, then click the
arrows above
and below this button for jump through your document quickly.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Ramesh" wrote:

Thanks Dean for your response.

I did try the In line with text option. Then the pic disappears,
i only
get
a frame outlne and that too moved to another location.

Why does that happen?

Hope you could help with this too.

Thanks
Ramesh
\
"DeanH" wrote in message
Which Word version are you using?
For 2003 and prior the following can help, this may differ for
2007. Change the setting for the image to "In Line with Text",
this can be found
by select image, mouse right click, Format Picture, Layout.
To ensure that all future images have this setting as default,
Tools,
Options, Edit, Insert/Paste Pictures as: choose "In Line with
Text" option
(this is 2003 only).
The Move with text can be ignored by some of the other layout
options,
ie
behind/in front/through, etc.
Beware using these options, the Square and Tight options can be
used for
images that you want "within" the text and the Move with Text
options
does
work.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Ramesh" wrote:

Hi,

Am writing a manual which needs pictures to be inserted between
the text
lines. The problem i am having is that while i make changes to
the text,
the pictures remain in the same place, rather than move along
with the
text
around it. I tried using the option Move with text in the
Format Picture
screen. Makes no difference. what am i missing out on?

Thanks for any help. This is an urgent work I need to complete
today.

Ramesh