Doug Robbins

Are you sure that the shading is applied to the cells and not the the
paragraphs within the cells?

I seem to recall that there was some bug in this respect in Word 6 or 97 for
which I did come up with a work around, but it is so long ago now that I do
not remember what it was. If you go to

See the article "How to validate the contents of a formfield in a Word form"
at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ateFFields.htm

and search for my name in the tables ng AND go back far enough (7 or 8
years), you might be able to find it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"MikeR" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 at a client site, and someone gave me a table problem
figure out. It has 15 rows and 24 columns. The row heading and column
heading are shaded Color A, and the interior cells are shaded in alternate
shades of Color B. Several of the rows and columns have the white
background
showing through on a portion of each cell. For the life of me, I can't
figure out why. It's probably an easy solution, but I've never run across
this before. I can't change the bg color to one of the shades used
because
then the other cells will have that shade showing through.