Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
alan

Default TOC line spacing?

Word (2003) is generating a TOC automagically, but the lines are quite far
apart, probably doublespaced. I'm confused as to how to change that.

Word is applying Hypertext style to all TOC entries. In Styles and
Formatting, the Hyperlink style is shown as a character style (little 'a' at
the right of the name) but counterintuitively says it's derived from the
Default Paragraph Style. In the Hypertext style's Format pulldown, Paragraph
is greyed out, so obviously line spacing can't be twiddled there.

Can I change the TOC line spacing (preferably without changing the Default
Paragraph Style)?

thanks
Alan