Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Linda Emry

Default mail merge using one-up labels

I DID set dot matrix as the printer type -- I only use the dot matrix for
printing labels as tractor feed labels are so much cheaper !! I've been
using Word for years to print labels on the dot matrix, and never had this
problem with previous versions. When I complete all the steps for the mail
merge, and do a preview, the blank page shows on the screen. And I can't get
rid of it. This is true even when I save as a document to print later. I
still can't edit the blank page out. What is a dip switch?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It has been a long time since I used a dot matrix printer, but in the
options setting of the label dialog you need to set dot matrix as the
printer type, and you may need to set the printer dip switch not to skip
over perforations.

Linda Emry wrote:
Created mail merge in Word 2003 using EXCEL database, fan-fold one-up
labels, and dot matrix printer. Everything worked fine EXCEPT when I
printed, I got a blank "fold" of labels between every "fold" of
labels with addresses printed. How do I get rid of the blank labels
(i.e. the page eject between each fold)? Word will not allow just
deleting the empty page in the edit mode.