Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Default Form fields: IF (checkbox)?

Hi Mike,

You can't use formfield checkbox states in other fields. As a workaround,
you could test for a Yes/No answer in a drop-down box (eg {IF{Dropdown1}=
"Yes" {=Initial/2} {Initial}})
where the braces (i.e. '{}') are created in pairs via Ctrl-F9. Note the
syntax and spacing.

Cheers

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm creating a word form, and need a field to be calculated differently
depending whether a checkbox is checked or not. I can't seem to get it
working. Here's what I've done:

I created three fields, a checkbox called "checkbox", and two number
fields called "initial" and "final". The user will enter a number in
"initial". If they check "checkbox", then "final" should be half of
"initial", otherwise it should equal "initial".

I set up "final" as a calculate field, with the following formula:

=IF (checkbox=true,initial/2,initial)

But, regardless of if the checkbox is checked or not, "final" always
winds up equalling "initial". Can you please tell me what needs to go
in the formula field to consider the state of the checkbox?

Thanks!