Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Question about styles and defaults

If you are saying that you want to use the factory defaults of Word 2002
(and 2003)? If so, do the following: In Word 2007, create a new, blank
document, for example by pressing Ctrl+N. Click the Home tab. Click Change
Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then click Change Styles | Set as Default.
If/when you are prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I am very new to Word 2007 but very familiar with W 2002.

I have a Word 2002 document that I opened in Word 2007.

I also started a new document in Word 2007 and would like to use the same
fonts, heading styles, etc. How do I transfer these settings to the new
document in Word 2007 (which presently has weird default fonts like
"Calibri" and no default Heading 3, etc.).

I prefer the settings I am used to in Word 2002 and would like to transfer
them to Word 2007.

Thank you, Jeff