Either there is a line break in the line you're typing in (display
nonprinting characters to check) or you have inadvertently pressed
Ctrl+Shift+J (Distribute Text) instead of Ctrl+J (Justify).

"Dot" wrote in message
Most of the time when I select the fully justified button (left and right

ie
fully blocked), it works how I want it to. It fully justifies all

complete
lines but only LEFT justifies part lines eg at the end of a paragraph.
Occasionally, when I select the fully justified botton, as I type the

second
word of the line and it spreads out the text to the full width of the

line.
Of course as I type more text it eventually fills the line but part lines

are
spread out like this
it spreads it
all out.
I am quite a reasonably profficient user of Word but I CAN'T work out how

change it.
I'm going mad. PLEASE HELP ME I'M MELTING, I'M MELTING...