Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leonardus Leonardus is offline

Default how can I show pinyin tone marks

I have found a program that allows me to input a pinyin tone number after the
vowel and that results in the corresponding tone mark to be put on top of the
preceding vowel. However when I copy and paste the result into Word (or
Excel) tone marks 1 and 3 (straight line and little v) disappear.

Is there a way that these can be retained?

Ideally, of course, Word should allow these tone marks to be input directly
but I suppose, that is a bridge too far? I daresay I could copy and paste the
special character sets but that would be awfully tedious.