Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Office2000 Email Merge stopped working and annoying prompts

For the first issue, see if the following article helps:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

To avoid the prompts, download the "Express ClickYes" utility that is
available as a free download
from:

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

That will allow you to overcome the prompt for permission which may be what
is causing the issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andi" wrote in message
Two questions please:

Using word 2000. Email merge (word to outlook) was working fine until two
of the addresses in my list failed (addresses were not valid). Since
then,
when I try to do a merge, word prompts for the outlook profile to be used
but
never proceeds further (no prompt to allow access to Outlook, etc.). Are
there particular .dll's I should look at replacing and, if so, can I
replace
them with those from XP machines also running office 2000 (unfortunately,
my
machine is W2K).

When/if I do get it working again, I would love to be able to tell it to
allow access to Outlook for X number of minutes and NOT be prompted to
approve the sending of each email. This sort of defeats the expediency of
an
email merge. Is there a registry edit that I can make to tell it to be
satisfied with the general "allow access for X minutes"? I thought that
it
worked this way on my XP/Office2003 machine but I see now that asks for
the
same annoying authorization for each mail.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Andi L, MCP