Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anon k

Default Turning off an autoformat feature

Todd wrote:
I must have changed a setting in Word XP. My laptop is automatically
changing my entire document when I make small format changes to just a few
words. The documents I'm working with are based on a template. Here is my
dilemma... when I change a few words in the document to become Bold, it
changes all of the document to become bolded. If I center a single line, it
centers everything else. I copied the file to my desktop and I don't
experience the same problem. I guess I changed a setting on the laptop and
I can't find where to turn off the feature to save my life! Can someone
point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!

Todd

It sounds like your base style (probably 'normal' or 'body text') is set
to automatically update.