Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Format Confusion

That's most weird and really only leaves a slight corruption or so it seems.
If it's not too big, would you like to email it me to see if I can find the
problem?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Reitanos" wrote in message
It is bizarre; I can't select anything to the left of the insertion
point and all hidden characters are displayed. I wish those indent
markers weren't wrong *shakes fist*

On May 5, 8:22 pm, Marsoupeal Marsoupeal wrote:
Reitanos wrote
:

I have a document in Word 2003 that had data pasted in from several
sources, but I cannot figure out why the indent markers on the ruler
do not match the text. When I apply a style to the problem paragraph,
it does not conform to the indents of the style - I tried Normal and
several others and the text always ends up .5" further from the margin
than is defined in the style.

I might suggest showing all characters. You may well have some null
characters (characters that word has no ascii code for.)