Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocorrect not using manual entries

If these AutoCorrect entries are in a .doc file, they are irrelevant. If
they have not been loaded into your .acl file, they won't be used. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

"pfenning" wrote in message
It's on my desktop. I think I somehow put it there when I transferred to
this computer in 2004 (I have it labeled "AutoCorrect backup.doc"). It
brings up a Word document that has a table listing the Name (which is the
same as "Replace" in Tools--AutoCorrect), Value ("With" in
Tools--AutoCorrect), and RTF (I don't know what this is, but every
listing
has it as False). Any ideas on how to get my entries working again?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

How are you viewing the "autocorrect file"? It was my impression that
.acl
files were not user-editable.

"pfenning" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000 and have entered a HUGE amount of my own
autocorrect
entries, and I rely on them heavily to do my work. When I got started
working today, my 10 years' worth of autocorrect entries are all of a
sudden
not being used for some reason, and I can't figure out why. When I
pull
up
the autocorrect file itself, they are listed there, but when I go to
Tools
-- AutoCorrect, they are not listed. Some of my most recent entries
(within
the last month or so) work, but not the ones that I added years ago and
use
most often. ANY help would be appreciated because this is so important
my
work. THANKS!