Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default How do I save data from a Word 2007 form with non-legacy controls

This isn't a Word solution but if you have Access 2007 you can use Collect
via E-mail to generate an HTML form and send by e-mail and collect your data
directly in an Access table. The wizard will step you through the process,
send the e-mails, and you can elect to update your Access table
automatically upon receipt of the returned emailed form. Note you need to
use Outlook 2007 to send the and receive the emailed forms but the
recipients don't need to use Outlook 2007.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"L McDowell" L wrote in message
I have tried checking the 'save form data as delimited text file' box
under
'preserve fidelity when sharing this document' but it doesn't work. I
gather
from web browsing that it only works for data collected with legacy
controls.
I am not a developer, so how else can I get the form input data into a
text
delimited file for use in Access or Excel?