Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Todd,

The one "simple" explanation that's not covered in your analysis is: do the
users have Trebuchet MS installed on their machines? Word will automatically
substitute fonts if it can't find one.

We have created a table style in Word 2002. We are working on separate
chapters (separate Word files) of a document based on a common template.
But the fonts in the tables keep changing.

The Problem:
Each time a new person opens the file, the font for the heading row and the
last row changes. The font we are using is Trebuchet MS. However, this
gets changed (seemingly at random) to all sorts of other fonts, including
Arial Black, Georgia, CommonBullets, and others. Only the heading row and
last row fonts change.

More Background (to rule out some possible causes I've seen in this
newsgroup):
Our desired font is Trebuchet MS. Other font settings a 8pt for the whole
table; 9pt bold for the heading; 8pt bold for the last row. We haven't
changed the Normal style in the template from Times New Roman 12pt, and we
have consistently applied Normal paragraph style to the entire table before
applying our table style.

We are working in different offices and the files reside on one office's
server. But this problem seems to happen often (but not always) no matter
who opens the file.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org