Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] jimmy.fuego@orange.net is offline

Default What jobs involve formatting of long word docs?

Hi Everyone,

For the last three years I have worked for a large IT company creating
and formatting long, complicated proposal documents. I usually work
with a bid/proposal manager and a team of technical writers. They
provide the content and I produce the actual documents - keeping on top
of the editing, formatting, version control, reviews etc through to
final print and despatch to customer.

I love this kind of work (even the late nights and tight deadlines),
but recently the amount of work has slowed and Im thinking about moving
on. But the question is what sort of jobs I should be looking for?

I cant seem to find many vacancies for Proposal Development/Publishers
so what other roles need advanced Word skills for long docs?

Maybe some of you MVP's could advise me please as I would like to
continue to utilise my skills in a job I enjoy.

Thanks :-)

James