Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pam Pam is offline

Default How do i mail merge using excel spreadsheats

I am very new to mail merge. I have managed the basics but I am stuck on the
bit where I select the recipients. I tried to use an existing client list
from a excel spreadsheet but when I tried printing the letters the clients
name and address did not come on the letter. On the spreadsheet I have got
the clients name and full address, the clients name is under column A, 1st
line of address is under B, 3rd line under C .... but when I print the letter
I get the clients name and then just 2 of the columns only. example:
Mr Smith
Chesterfield
Derbyshire

How do I get all of the address onto the letter? Also I want to put Dear Mr
Smith after the address but I cant get the salution on when I merge from an
excel doc.

Initially I created a new recipient list and this seemed to work fine, this
has been saved as a mailing database in my documents. I cant open the file
though. Does anyone know why? Its under data source and when I click on the
mdb icon it says windows cannot open the file.
I need some sort of client list that everyone in the office can have access
to which is why I thought an excel spreadsheet would be good. Im on word 2003

Thanks, Pam