Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Problems creating Macros

The reason I asked is that everything you're trying to do with a macro can
be achieved much more simply in a template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm.

When you don't choose any other template, your documents are based on
Normal.dot (or Normal.dotm in Word 2007), but you can have as many templates
as you like, and it makes sense to create a template for any specific type
of formatting you use frequently. If you use some different settings for
*all* documents, you may want to customize Normal.dot instead (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...lTemplate.htm), but
adding page numbers or columns to Normal.dot is not recommended.

"Gabe" wrote in message

Suzanne:
That's a good question, BUT I don't know what a template is.
I do intend to find out.
I have been using Word/97 and it was very easy to record a Macro to do
what
I've been trying to do in Word/2007.
I guess my statment should have been I'm trying to RECORD a Macro.

Thanks,

Gabe

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you explain why you're using a macro instead of a template for this?

"Gabe" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a macro to change my margins, make a document have
2
cols., and insert a page number at the end of the page using a keybord
command.
No matter how I try or which order I try these steps, I get the debug
error
5941.
I don't know what that means, I don't know what i've done wrong.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Gabe