Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM StevenM is offline

Default Problems creating Macros

There is also an old-fashioned resource, one which some of us old-timers
still like to use, it is called a €śbook.€ť It might be hard for some of you
youngsters to imagine, but some of us old-timers read information on paper as
well as information on a screen. And Im not talking about a printout, but
something more than a handful of loose pages. A €śbook€ť is actually pages of
printed paper sewn (or glued) together, with a cloth (or cardboard) cover. I
would recommend you finding a book on Microsoft Word, they will have chapters
on creating a template, or working with macros. Such books usually go into
more detail than the (otherwise wonder) tutorials you find on the Internet.
You can find books for sale (new and used) on the Internet, or you can try
locating a place which warehouses and sells them, it is called a €śbookstore.€ť
Just ask any old geezer where one might be, they will be able to give you
directions.

"Gabe" wrote:

I guess I should have said I'm trying to RECORD a macro, I don't know
anything about the language you're using, maybe I should. I'll look into
creating a Template.

By the way someone sent me an email with a website that they said would
answer my question. The website was blank.

Thanks,

Gabe

"Gabe" wrote:

I'm trying to create a macro to change my margins, make a document have 2
cols., and insert a page number at the end of the page using a keybord
command.
No matter how I try or which order I try these steps, I get the debug error
5941.
I don't know what that means, I don't know what i've done wrong.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Gabe