Format | Columns. Select "Whole document" and click on the box for "One,"
even if it appears to be selected already, then OK.

wrote in message
I have a document that when I try to insert line numbers
it tells me that the L/R margins, Column Spacing, or
Paragraph indents are too large for the page in some
sections. I am trying to reset everything but I can't even
change the margin for a sectin because that same message
pops up no matter what settings I use. Has anyone else
encountered this?

Thanks
Jerry