Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 Indents

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I think you're remembering wrong. Setting a hanging indent in effect changes
the left indent and creates a negative first-line indent, though that's not
the way Word represents it in the Paragraph dialog.

If you think about it, though, if the top triangle represents the first line
and the bottom triangle the rest of the lines, what would the rectangle
represent if you had a hanging indent separated from it? What the rectangle
is for is to drag both the triangles, thus creating an indent in both the
first line and the rest of the lines.

You're right. I went back to my old system, and it did not work as I
remember.

Thanks!