Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
David Thielen David Thielen is offline

Default formatting marks, extra space in cell

Hi;

Thank you for your suggestions.

1) Not hidden chars - that was my first thought too. I've saved it as
a WordML file and I can't find anything in the xml of the file that is
different between the regular and red ones.

2) I went back and looked after your suggestion - it's the line
spacing set for the paragraph - that adds to the spacing of the empty
paragraph at the end. THANK YOU.

3) That makes sense - THANK YOU.

Anyone have a suggestion on question (1)?????

thanks - dave

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:55:04 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

To answer (3) first, a paragraph mark in a cell represents an *extra*
paragraph because the original cell paragraph ends in the end-of-cell
marker. The paragraph that ends in the EOC marker, if empty, would be a
"blank line." As for (2), it could be that the text in those cells has some
Spacing After applied. As for (1), without looking at the document, I
couldn't be sure, but do the red ones disappear when you hide nonprinting
characters? Sometimes users will format paragraph marks as both Hidden (to
join paragraphs in different styles) and red (so that their special status
is obvious).

Windward Reports --
http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com