Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default link table to text

If you are trying to prevent a table from breaking across pages, select its
rows (except for the last one), and set the "Keep with next" option in the
Paragraph dialog box. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...bleon1page.htm.

On the other hand, if you are saying that you want "Table" and the table
number to stay together in the cross-reference, be sure to use a nonbreaking
space in the caption instead of the "ordinary" space inserted by default. To
add a nonbreaking space, press Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar. When you are done,
update the cross-reference(s).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AWing" wrote in message
how do I code my first mention of a table in the text ("see Table 3") so
that
the table itself shows up in the first place it fits without breaking
across
pages? thanks.