Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default inserting .dot templates and headers/footers

Seems to me that you are going about it backwards and that what you should
be doing is inserting the letter into a document created from the template.
Or modify the process so that the CRM software makes use of the template
that you want rather than normal.dot.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ralf" wrote in message
Hello,

I have question regarding insertion of .dot templates in empty word
documents.

Background:

Our CRM software produces new, empty word documents (from normal.dot) when
you want to create a letter. We then use the insert file option to
import a
.dot template that will show the exact layout of the letter as we want it.
The letter contains headers and footers on every page, and the template is
divided in different sections with different footers.

When i open the template from word, everything looks fine. When I insert
the
.dot file as a template (through insert file), the footer for the first
page is changed to the same footer as the second page, even though these
are
different in the original template. When i delete all the contents in the
new
document, and insert the template again (through insert file) the footer
shows correctly.

So it seems that Word somehow doesn't have the proper settings in the
original document when it comes to inserting the template, however after
inserting it again (after first deleting the contents) it shows fine.

Is there any way I can handle this so that when I insert the template
initially the footer is fine?

Thanks in advance.

Ralf