WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to format cells in word to display numbers or date

Hi Tony,

You can definitely format cells in Word to display numbers or dates. Here's how to do it:
  1. Select the cells you want to format.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the Table Properties dialog box, click on the "Cell" tab.
  4. Under the "Format" section, choose either "Number" or "Date" from the drop-down menu.
  5. If you chose "Number," you can then choose the type of number format you want (currency, percentage, etc.) and adjust the decimal places as needed.
  6. If you chose "Date," you can then choose the type of date format you want (short date, long date, etc.) and adjust the language and calendar options as needed.
  7. Click "OK" to apply the formatting to the selected cells.

That's it! Your cells should now be formatted to display numbers or dates according to your preferences.