Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Table of Contents special page numbering

Hello Ricki

Ricki Miles wrote:
Thanks for the response. If I want to include the chapter number, is there
a way to have the chapter as a letter and the page as a number (S1, etc.)
Also, the Summary comes before the Glossary in the document, so S would have
to precede G for chapters. Thanks again,

Tricky. You'd have to setup one style for each "lettered heading" and
define the numbering scheme accordingly.

You might even get away with the numbering as direct formatting in this
case, but I wouldn't want to bet a lot on it that this is stable ...

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS