Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dave Green Dave Green is offline

Default Sorting a Table of Contents

Wish I could remember how I did it before. Must have used an Index and then
manually linked each entry.

Thanks,
dave
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you want something alphabetically, an index is what you want, but no,
index entries are not hyperlinked (though many users have requested this).
You can sort a TOC if you unlink the field first, but then its entries
won't
be hyperlinked, either.

so
all may benefit.

"Dave Green" wrote in message
I was able to sort a Table of Contents alphabetically rather than in page
number order once before (might have been an earlier version of Word),
but
now Word says it can't do that. Is there a way to do this?

Or, is there an easy way to create hyperlinks to all entries in an Index?

I'm using Word 2003 in XP.

thanks,
dave green