Stefan Blom

For the parent table, choose TableTable Properties. Click the Options
button on the Table tab. Make sure that you clear the option to
"Automatically resize to fit contents" in the dialog box, and click OK
twice. Now, your one-row cell should use its own width settings (you
can modify them on the Columns tab of the Table Properties dialog
box).

--
Stefan Blom

"nanner130" wrote in message
I took a row from a table, cut it, and wanted to paste it in another

section
of the same table. When I did, the cell widths were completely

different.
This never happened with Word 2000. What am I doing wrong?