Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Can you send a mail merge to a large group WITH an attachment?

Yes, you must follow the instructions.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"DPJAEGER" wrote in message
J Wilkie -
I was in the exact same spot you are in, and I understand how
frustrating
it can be to get so close only to have that €ś0 Messages Sent€ť box laughing
at
you. It turns out that my problem was that I was not merging the document
that I wanted to email out into a new document before running the macro.
From the final letter you wish to merge, go to €śFinish and Merge€ť under
the
€śMailings€ť tab and select €śEdit Individual Documents€¦€ť your mail merge
document will be exported to a new document that will have all the letters
with the correct information listed one right after the other (see Doug
Robbins last post on 1/5/2007 or steps 7 and 8 of alexandros.papadopouloss
outline). Then from THAT screen, run the macro and everything should work
out for you.

Good Luck

"J Wilkie" wrote:

I have followed all the instructions, have a directory file called
Directory
Source.xls and Directory.doc and have started a new Word document with
the
VBA (MS 2007) developer area open. I have got to the stage of having a
Word
file open with my mail merged letters and on MS 2007 toolbar have created
macro , copying the code given Doug Robbin's file. When I run the macro
get the window, in which I link in Directory.doc and I get a pop up
window
asking me for subject of emails - almost there - then I get a pop up
window
saying 0 emails sent. Where am I going wrong? as I seem to be right at
the
very end? I have checked email addresses (actually I managed to send
emails
with no attachments yesterday - but today no emails at all. )
Any help appreciated.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

That method works in Word 2007

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message
Alexandros

I like the break down of the instructions you provided for this
problem.
however am working with MS Office 07 and the steps don't work the
same.
Can
you tell me how to do this in 07?

"LMK@work" wrote:

I want to do a mail merge with 400+ recipients. Is it possible to
attach
PDF file?