Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Formatting figures and captions

What happens if you remove the space before for the figures that start a page?

Pam

Ross wrote:
This may be a variation on an even more dramatic problem I saw an example
of. Is the Space Before your figure style greater than 10.5 points? If so,

[quoted text clipped - 40 lines]

Wow...you're right. Only happens when the graphic is at the top of
the page. I forced the previous paragraph to the next page and the
overlap disappeared,

However, I also noticed that the glitch occurred when there was non-
zero space above the figure so the 10.5 pt was not a factor, at least
for me.

I was able to fix teh problem by adding 6 pts after the Figure
paragraph, but shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks. You're observation explained a lot.