Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Reading delimited text file into labels

You need a \*Charformat at the end of the DATABASE field /and/ to bold
the D or DATABASE (at least). Actually this is what Doug said.

There's no \*Charformat in your field at the moment.

Simple formatting works here OK in e.g. Word 2007 and 2003, but it may
not survive a page break.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Clay Shannon wrote:
I am trying to populate Avery 5160 labels by using a file with contents like
this (semicolon-delimited, one record per line):

Mr. Joe Brown; 123 Cypress Lane; Sausalito; CA; ;;; 54567
Mr. Merle Haggard; 456 Fiddlestix; Redding; CA; ;;; 55555

Does anybody have step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this in
Word? I've tried everything I can get to and think of related to mail merge
and creating labels in Word, and have had no success.