Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ArcticWolf ArcticWolf is offline

Default Mailmerge named ranges from Excel03 to Word03

Hi,

I'm not sure how best to do this, so any advice and best practice would be
appreciated.

I have a monthly sales report in Excel and I want to mailmerge certain parts
of it into a Word doc to produce a written summary. For example: I have
named my profit cell, but when I come to mail merge it - it doesn't appear in
the 'select table' after selecting the mail merge list. It seems that a
named range which is only one cell doesn't pull through?

I'd like to write something like...
"Dear John, your profit/loss for the month of current month is
profit/loss amount....

I can't really put my source data into a table as it's all over the place.
Is there a way I can get this info populated from excel into word please?

TIA,

AW