Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anneli Anneli is offline

Default In mail merge, unwanted line spaces in the address block

Try selecting "Address Block" and going to Format and selecting
"Paragraph". On the "Indents and Spacing" tab, set "Before" and "After"
spacing to 0 pt, and choose "Single" line spacing.

"Spence" wrote:

I have the same problem. None of your suggestions helped. Word 2007 seems to
only print AddressBlock in single space if you use a template. If you use
Mail Merge with current document, and then insert AddressBlock, it always
comes up double spaced. It does not matter weather the paragraph AddressBlock
was inserted to is single or double spaced. This is quite frustrating because
I don't always want to have to use MS templates.

"Marie" wrote:

If you are using Word 2007, make sure you are in the preview labels screen.
Go to the Home Tab. On the right of the ribbon, choose Select, then Select
all. All the labels should be highlighted. Then go to Paragraph in the
lower middle of the ribbon. Click the middle square with the little up and
down arrows. Select Remove space before paragraph. This should remove that
space on all the addresses.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Or, instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual
mergefields in the configuration that you require.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"RedCharla" wrote in message
When I do a Mail Merge, the address block gives me double spaces. How do
get a single space? I have tried Help but see nothing regarding this!