Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Letterhead Printing

When you send your document, its properties say that it is attached to a
template named "letterhead." This company doesn't have your template but
does have one of its own called "letterhead.dotx," and, at a guess, this
template contains an AutoOpen macro that updates the attached
document with the current letterhead (so that any document based on that
template, when printed, will always be printed with the current version of
the letterhead). It's unlikely that you'll be able to get them to change the
name of their template, but you can change the name of yours to Northern
Wolf Letterhead.dotx or whatever.

http://word.mvps.org

"Northern_Wolf" wrote in message

Hi,

My company has a regular word document template called letterhead.dotx.
We use it for most documents. We send these documents to several other
companies, dozens in fact.

The largest company is having a problem printing these documents. When
they print the document, from any station, it forces the print on THEIR
company letterhead. I have spoken with their IT support, who claims it
is the documents problem, something about tags or embedded pre-print
commands.

I did not create this template, nor can I contact the person who did.
I am not familiar with creating templates or what is involved.

But this issue HAS to be fixed, and I do not know what to do.

Thanks for any help.

NW

--
Northern_Wolf