Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
display name display name is offline

Default How do I turn off viewing formatting chars when composing a docume

"display name" wrote:

Had no prob. with prev. versions of Word, but 2007 is very confusing. I
cannot even compose a new doc without seeing formatting characters. For
example I get dots between each word instead of space. Also is there a way to
get rid of the "ribbon" and just have regular menus? I thought there was a
way. I may just need to re-install Word 2000 (the only other version I have
here at home).

Don't know how to edit my message, so I will reply to it. I found that
something was checked in Word Options - Display. A checkmark was on "Show
All formatting marks". How crazy. I never checked that. It was that way by
default!