Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multiple documents open and viewable in Word 2007

I'm not running Windows 7 (yet), so I can't give you a specific answer,
unfortunately.

Generally speaking, however, you should be able to see multiple document windows
if you restore them.

You would probably get better assistance if you asked the question in a Windows
forum.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rmilnes" wrote in message
I used to be able to have two or more documents open and simultaneously
visible in Word. Something changed my program configuration--now multiple
documents are represented by thumbnails on the task bar and I only get to
select the document I wish to edit or view from the task bar, one at a time.

I either unknowingly tweaked the configuration, or one of the recent Windows
7 or Office 2007 updates did it for me. I can't find any Word Options that
might control this "feature."

Can anyone shed a little light on my situation and suggest ways to get Word
2007 to work like it used to?

Thanks.