Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MrBudgens MrBudgens is offline

Default Letterhead Printing

Does your document specify the paper tray to use (rather than
"default")? In Word 2003 this is in file--page setup, and in 2007 it
is on the page layout tab under page setup (click the tiny icon in the
bottom right of that section).

If the paper tray is specified in Word it will override the printer
driver settings, if this is what you mean by "print on their letterhead".

Another option is to send PDFs instead of word documents, if you have
the facility (built in to 2007).

Northern_Wolf wrote:
Hi,

My company has a regular word document template called letterhead.dotx.
We use it for most documents. We send these documents to several other
companies, dozens in fact.

The largest company is having a problem printing these documents. When
they print the document, from any station, it forces the print on THEIR
company letterhead. I have spoken with their IT support, who claims it
is the documents problem, something about tags or embedded pre-print
commands.

I did not create this template, nor can I contact the person who did.
I am not familiar with creating templates or what is involved.

But this issue HAS to be fixed, and I do not know what to do.

Thanks for any help.

NW