WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: What is the space formatting that looks like a degree symbol?

The space formatting that looks like a degree symbol is called a "non-breaking space". It is used to prevent two words from being separated at the end of a line. To get rid of it, you can follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor right after the non-breaking space.
  2. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove the non-breaking space.
  3. If there are multiple instances of the non-breaking space in your document, you can use the "Find and Replace" feature to replace all of them at once. To do this, press "Ctrl + H" on your keyboard to open the "Find and Replace" dialog box.
  4. In the "Find what" field, type in the non-breaking space symbol (you can copy and paste it from the document).
  5. Leave the "Replace with" field blank.
  6. Click on the "Replace All" button to remove all instances of the non-breaking space in your document.

That should do the trick!