Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default mailmerge labels line spacing

Use Shift+Enter instead of Enter to create each new line in the label
content. Then the 5.5pt space before will only apply to the first line of
the label and99.9% of the time will not cause a problem.

Alternatively, put the following macro in a template that you save in the
Word\Startup folder and it will run when the user propagates the label
setup, changing the spacebefore to 0 and also overcoming a problem that
occurs if the user is using a Tablet PC or a PC that has "tablet like"
functionality available.

Sub MailMergePropagateLabel()

Dim atable As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Dim Source As Cell, target As Cell
Dim myrange As Range
Set atable = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
Set Source = atable.Cell(1, 1)
Set myrange = Source.Range
myrange.ParagraphFormat.SpaceBefore = 0
myrange.Collapse wdCollapseStart
ActiveDocument.Fields.Add Range:=myrange, Text:="NEXT", _
PreserveFormatting:=False
Source.Range.Copy
For j = 2 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(1, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
For i = 2 To atable.Rows.Count
For j = 1 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(i, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
Next i
atable.Cell(1, 1).Range.Fields(1).Delete
End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jsloan1223" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know how to make word 2007 sp1 default to SINGLE SPACING
(with no extra spacing of any kind) on mailmerge labels?

Everytime I try a new labels mailmerge, it adds extra space between the
lines. I have 40 users who do not appreciate having to change the style
every
time they create labels. I have actually been asked this question twice
before lunch today.